SORROW NO SEKAI.






PLEASE ABANDON INSTINCT. I WAS STUCK IN A LOOP OF A VISCOUS CIRCLE. IT WAS A MISTAKE TO HAVE ENTRUSTED YOU.


B L A C K && W H I T E - 2
AIX
I looked down at the cowering knight in front of ne with disgust. How wasteful. The scum. Losing a battle that we had provoked? Unspeakable. I scowled. This knight...this general...must go.
"My lord," the general's voice trembled. "Their forces were too strong. We didn't have enough, they managed to break our magical barriers, my lord." He had fallen to his knees, and the last words out of his mouth had been muffled as he laid down before me.
The guards that were stationed by the palace door looked at the general with distaste and scorn. No elf ever sank that low before another. Elves, the superior race, were prideful beyond all other races.
I allowed a small smile to grace my face. Well, it was hard not to be scared when facing me. "And why," I replied, my voice high and cold, vibrating through the room, "Did you not have back up magicians elves? You should have easily beaten them."
The knight lifted his face and gasped, "We did not have back up magicians and that was my mistake, my lord."
"Excuses!" I spat back at him, causing the general to flinch. I felt the anger pulsing through my bloodstream."You deserve a punishment, don't you think so?" The knight was nodding his head vigorously, though his eyes betrayed the true fear he felt.
"My high lord, your pureness, you may do anything as you wish, for you are the king of all kings."
I sneered. Did this elf think that by flattering me, that I would let him go?
"So I may dispose of you?" I let my eyes bore into the general's dark green eyes. I could see his pupils dilate in fear, and the general nodded once. I smiled fully this time. I couldn't remember the last time a subject agreed to dispose of themselves. Then the memory flashed through me. Of course. How could I had forgotten? The previous man who had agreed with me had been the prophet. The memory made me snarl.
"My lord, your pureness, the prophet has arrived!" the guard stood in salute to me.
"Allow him in." I had been wondering what a prophet wanted to talk to me for. I had heard of rumors about this prophet, rumors that he had seen a sight about me. A death. But they couldn't possibly be true. Nevertheless, I had summoned him here to talk to me.
"His pureness has granted you his presence!" the guard shouted as he moved to position with the other four guard, standing tall and proud with their long black hair rippling in the wind.
A old elf entered the room. He could barely support himself without the help of a walking cane, but I could sense the burning energy within him.
The prophet hobbled towards me, and bowed. "My kingship, I have come to be graced by your presence, for you have summoned me?"
"Yes, I have heard...that you have heard..something of me. Do you wish to warn me of something?" I let a hint of sarcasm touch my voice.
"Your future, your grace." the prophet smirked. So this one had an attitude. Good. Let's have some competition going on.
I sneered, "If you wish to tell me that I will become powerful and all that shit, you may leave."
The old elf laughed at these words, bringing a wave of anger surging against me. "You are as ignorant as I thought you would be! You believe yourself to be invincible!"
"I am, for no one can touch me. It is impossible to hurt me." I rose out of my chair, my voice trembling with anger. My eyes blazed with fury. How dare this old elf come wondering in and insult me!
"You are strong now, but soon, very soon, your powers will fade along with the dying rose." the prophet leered at me.
"Your stupidity and outspokenness shall cost you your life! The rose shall never die!" I let my voice ring out magnificently, putting as much threat as I could into my voice.
The prophet laughed, "Go ahead, kill me then, your pureness. But it is your downfall you shall meet, and you shall regret it."
I felt the power building up within me. Enough was enough. who did this elf think he was? Speaking to me like this, an outrage. He shall suffer.
"So it shall be." I snarled coldly, raising my hand. With a flash of red light, I whipped my arm down and the prophet died in a blaze of red, all within the span of 2 seconds.
My guards stood petrified by the door, observing the scene with horror and terror in their eyes, but not daring to move, fearing that they would disrupt my anger, provoking their deaths.
"Dispose of him." I turned around and went back to my throne, whipping my long silver hair behind me like a whirlwind.
My four guards clumsily bowed and dashed across the floor with superhuman speed. One of them, the one who had told me of the prophet's arrival, plucked the prophet from the floor with superhuman strength. He ran to the fireplace where the other 3 were and without any effort, he tossed the elf into the fireplace. The other three blew on their fingers, and flames erupted in the fireplace, flaring heat throughout the room while the dead elf's body burst into green sparks and faded away.
I stared at the pleading general.
"I will fully pay for what I have done, my lord!" the general was once again low on his knees. The four guards were the same exact who had observed the death of the prophet. They shook their raven-black hair nervously, seeming to know what was coming next.
“You will?” I rose from my chair. History repeating himself, right? I certainly felt as angry as I had felt when I killed the prophet. Maybe even angrier.
The general swallowed nervously. I could hear his heart beating furiously.
And with another bright red flash, I let my anger out on the general. My four guards stumbled back in shock at how fast that had happened.
“Now he has fully paid his mistake.” I sneered. I sat back down on the chair, calmly twirling my fingers together. “Dispose of him.”
~Alina

Labels:

back top top. / add comment.